Have you ever wanted to do something wonderful for a Boxer in need of help? Have you ever seen the love in their eyes when they look up at you with that adoring face? If they could talk I’m sure they would say “thank you, you are my hero”. Have you ever seen the joy on the faces of their new family when they come to pick up their new Boxer baby? They are adding a new member to their family and sharing their love with a Boxer that will return it ten-fold. Their smiles are what warm our hearts and seeing our Boxers go to loving homes is the ultimate gift.
Being a Volunteer for a rescue organization can sometimes be difficult, but the benefits you will receive greatly outnumber the hard times. Red Dirt Boxer Rescue welcomes you to become a part of our Volunteer Team. Without the dedication of our wonderful volunteers Red Dirt could not continue saving this breed that we love so dearly.
We need volunteers to help us with an array of things:
- Transport a Boxer – to their foster home, adoptive home, vet appointment, or to a Red Dirt Event
- Take pictures – this can include visiting shelters to take photos of Boxers needing rescue, helping foster parents get good pictures of their Boxer for the website, and taking pictures at events
- Attend our events – tell people about the rescue and about our Boxers, help us set up crates and tables, pass out business cards and help us take the dogs for potty breaks
- Plan and organize events and fundraising projects
- Lend your artistic talents – we need help with advertising, building flyers and newsletters, helping us come up with new fundraising ideas, and t-shirt designs
- Make phone calls and return emails – especially for post-adoption follow up or support
- Home Visits – conduct visits to possible adoptive families
- Donate your professional services – do you have a special talent or profession that you would like to share with the rescue? Example: Printing services, grooming services, accounting, etc.
- Donate personal items for our boxers – dog crates, leashes, collars, bandanas, food, feeding dishes, blankets, toys, chews, beds, pillows, anything a boxer who lived in the street would need to make a happy, loving and comfortable new life.
- Find some deals – contact your local vets office or pet stores to see if they would be willing to offer discounts for rescues
- Many more opportunities are awaiting you – please offer suggestions and ideas for more volunteer opportunities. If you have a great idea of how to help please share it with us!